Legal regulations have been developed in relation to the transport of hazardous goods, which aim to help avoid accidents and to protect humans, materials and the environment. Accons IBC contianers is manufactured to meet the highest requirements and is approved for transport of hazardous goods. Safety is tested regularly according to internal quality assurance system (QSP) and is monitored by the BAM.
The following type of tests must be conducted and passed as part of the approval process for transport of hazardous goods (abbreviated summary):
- Lifting test from below: A filled IBC - additionally weighed down by a load - is repeatedly lifted and lowered on to various pallet receiving devices.
- Stack pressure test: A filled IBC is exposed to a test load for 24 hours.
- leak tightness test: An overpressure of at least 20kPa is applied for at least 10 minutes.
- Hydraulic internal pressure test: A filled IBC is exposed to an overpressure of 100kPa for at least 10 minutes.
- Fall test: A filled IBC cooled to -18°C is allowed to fall from a height of up to 1.9 metres.
- Vibration test: A filled IBC is exposed to vibration with an amplitude of 25.4 mm for one hour.
- Chemical resistance test: IBCs are filled with substances which have weakening, stress-cracking or molecular degradation effects and then subjected to the aforementioned type tests.